Monday, October 1, 2007

A case of 'The Mondays'

I can’t get started today. Work is boring me, and I had such an eventful (yet relaxing) weekend, that I can’t let it go. Yesterday was the first slice of apple pie, the first sit-outside-in-a-sweatshirt-with-a-fire day. It was a day to sit with family, eat and enjoy.

Saturday night I had the honor to be invited to a private reception onboard La Libertad, an Argentinean tall ship that is docked in Boston Harbor. It was a joy to meet people from other parts of the world and hear their experience. Their likes and dislikes, so much like mine, but formed in such a different way. They spoke about the collapse of their economy. How much they miss their families. Their dreams of the future. All eloquently told in halting English and intricate hand gestures. It is indeed a small world, and I think everyone needs to be reminded from time to time that we are all one. We may speak different languages and live on different continents but we share a home. We share our humanity.

In crafting news I started to knit a Hallowig for Halloween. (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATThallowig.html) Mine will be bright blue. I’m going for a futuristic look with dark eyes and silver clothes. Plus, I think it will come in handy for goofy fun on the slopes this winter. I promise to post when complete.

No comments: