Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A meditation of the seen.

I was just pointed to a very talented photographer on Flickr, Martin Gommel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kwerfeldein/), and I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount of thought he gives to his daily posts. He is also responsible for the title of today’s post. He used the phrase to describe photography, but I think it can be applied to any kind of creative endeavors.

I just got back from a wonderful weekend with friends, and enjoyed every minute of it. But whenever I am away from my routine, I tend to lose the threads of my creativity. From now on, instead of letting this be a set back, or worse, a reason to not pick up where I left off, I will Meditate on the Seen. I will welcome being back in my “normal” environment with new, refreshed eyes.

Tonight I will walk home slowly and pay attention to my neighborhood. I am going to Look at my surroundings and I’m going to post a couple photos of what I find. When I get home I will pick up my works in progress and think about what they need to become finished pieces. Most importantly, I am going to remember to do this tomorrow and the day after and the day after that.

No comments: